Wednesday, 21 July 2010
More Casting in 2011: Brent Carver, Lucy Peacock, Martha Henry Return
“As head of the Birmingham Conservatory and one of our leading players, Martha Henry is a major presence in the Stratford company,” says Mr. McAnuff. “In 2010 almost 30% of artists came from the Conservatory; Martha is certainly an artist that leads by example, and I'm thrilled to be able to announce her participation in the 2011 season.”
In 2007 she gave seven knockout performances in one production, the one-woman show The Blonde, the Brunette and the Vengeful Redhead. She is well remembered for her 2008 performances – as Ursla the Pig Woman in Bartholomew Fair and as the gorgeous Masha in Three Sisters. Her classical roles at Stratford include Lady Macbeth, Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing, Rosalind in As You Like It and Titania in A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Her musical credits include Dolly in Hello, Dolly and Anna in The King and I.
See the Sites
- ► 2016 (22)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (31)
- ► 2013 (37)
- ► 2012 (36)
- ► 2011 (50)
- Gem of a Production: Pearl Gidley opens at Blyth
- More Casting in 2011: Brent Carver, Lucy Peacock, ...
- 2011 Playbill: Seana McKenna in Shakespeare’s Will...
- The Tempest: Awash with Special Effects
- Tom Patterson Honoured
- Border and Time Crossing with Bordertown Cafe
- Do Not Go Gentle: Purgatory for Thomas, Paradise f...
- The Winter’s Tale, Told by a Master
- ▼ July (8)
- ► 2009 (37)